Search The Bite

Friday, March 25, 2011

W-is for Wine



I promised some crafts! So tonight I am posting a real quick wine bottle decoration I did for a little wine and chocolate party. It is pretty simple, shabby chic... But for $8 with lots of extra materials who could complain?! I just took a base paper and wrapped the bottle, then added to contrasting stripes around the bottle. Made a little tag and tied a couple ribbons! The other nice touch and a good tip in general, is to use little rhinestones or buttons to cover up any seams.

 I think that considering this involved zero planning, an inexpensive trip to my favorite paper store, and only 10 minutes of my time, that it was a success! You could certainly do the same craft with fancier papers and nicely edged scissors! But for this particular edge I decided to tear the paper. I just enjoy the texture for an informal event like this. This would be a great Christmas present, hostess gift, or in this case a pretty way to cover up where the wine is from for a tasting game! Cant wait to have some and see what other wines we'll get to taste! Have a nice evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment