Search The Bite

Monday, April 11, 2011

Cake Update!

So, in my previous post I had said I was over all satisfied with the cake I made, but disappointed in the frosting. WELL! That next morning (Sunday am) I couldnt resist a piece for breakfast (I know I know) and was very pleasantly surprised to find that the frosting, after having rested for a bit, was perfect! It still obviously wasn't real raspberry, but it definitely acquired a more classic buttercream flavor (NOT ridiculously sweet) as well as a bit better/more of a raspberry flavor. That entire cake was gone in under two days...With only two pieces being eatin by someone other than myself and my husband...yikes! LOL.

So for anyone who is not familiar with making buttercream or would like to try, if its too sweet, try giving it a few hours to rest and then see how you like it. You may be pleasantly surprised!

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me! I would really like to try out that cake and frosting now. Perhaps I shall hire you :)? Haha, anyways, Buttercream frosting has ALWAYS been my favorite frosting. And no worries, I would have a piece of that cake for breakfast too(:

    ReplyDelete